I found this article about Facebook online and thought it would be a good Alert to share. While the article is from 2010, it still provides good information to be aware of when letting your kids join Facebook. In addition, according to a Pew Research Poll in 2014 the percentage of High School kids who are on Facebook is 70%. It is between 71% and 74% for college kids. Meaning that most kids are susceptible to these 5 dangers on Facebook.
• Your information is being shared with third parties
• Privacy settings revert to a less safe default mode after each redesign
• Facebook ads may contain malware and harm your computer or access your information
• Your real friends unknowingly make you vulnerable
• Scammers create fake profiles (If you have ever seen the movie “Disconnect” you can appreciate the danger here.