SeekingArrangement.com is a site where “Sugar Daddies” can find “Sugar Babies”. I tested the sign up for the site and found it EXTREMELY easy to sign up for. All I had to give was my email address.
Once I found the site, I wanted to find out more about it. Well, I was shocked at what I had found. Basically, this looks a lot like a prostitution site where girls and boys can sign up to be “sugar babies” and get paid to “be there” for the “Sugar Daddy”. I did not look long enough to find out if there were also “Sugar Mommies” on the site as well, but I would assume that it is a possibility.
Seems like a dangerous place and just another opportunity for your kids to meet complete strangers who may or may not have harmful motives.
I also found a blog where one girl described her experience on the site and it was pretty disturbing….
“I did a stint on SeekingArrangement not too long ago. I am now off of the site, thank goodness. I never got to the point where I actually slept with anyone because I was dissatisfied with many of my financial offers, but I did learn quite a bit about the “sugar bowl” while I was in it.
Some random facts about “sugaring” from my experience:
- The average sugar daddy is willing to pay about $3000 monthly max even if their income is over $1,000,000 annually.
- You will get low-balled at least a few times no matter how rich he is or how pretty you are. If you’re expecting someone to immediately come at you with $10,000 offers, think again.
- Many girls have multiple sugar daddies simply because the average sugar daddy doesn’t pay enough to cover student loans, tuition, rent, etc.
- Being on SeekingArrangement is temporary for most girls. Many sugar babies dream of being wives and mothers but are only doing this temporarily to cover expenses.
- Most sugar babies are ambitious and future professionals. These are not some dried up prostitutes off of the corner with no future. You would be surprised how many medical students, law students, class presidents, etc. are involved in this strictly because there are few other ways for people in their age range to make thousands of dollars a month to cover their educational expenses. Yes, the brainiac next door could be on SeekingArrangement.
- An arrangement is not going to your sugar daddy’s house, having sex, getting tossed a couple of dollars and never hearing from him again. That is prostitution. In an arrangement, the two of you actually do non-sexual activities together and have a bond. It is basically like being friends with benefits. In a successful arrangement, sugar babies go on vacations, shows, fine dinners, charity events, etc. with their sugar daddy as well as get an allowance.
- Sugar babies are more dead-set on getting an allowance than shoes, bags, trips, etc. Most sugar babies number one priority is being free of student loans and having their tuition paid in full. The stereotype of brainless girls being willing to do anything for a Michael Kors bag is typically inaccurate.
- There is an interesting array of men on the site. There are the men who are so tired of girlfriends being disappointed by their busy schedules that they turn to the “sugar world” to find girls that will not demand huge chunks of their time. There are men on the site who are actually looking for love. Many are sick of travelling alone and seek attractive travel partners. Some just want pretty girls to bring to charity dinners or events.
- Many sugar daddies are in their mid thirties to late forties. It is not just your stereotypical image of an 80-year-old man with an 18 year old.
- It is dangerous. Many of the men on the websites are sexual deviants or just plain crazy. I have heard stories from sugar babies about being raped, getting infected with HIV, being stalked, etc. You typically don’t give your real cell number or name just to protect yourself. I’ve been cursed out and abandoned alone in the middle of the night at the hands of a sugar daddy, but that’s nothing compared to the horror stories that I’ve heard.
Overall, it is something that I would never do again. The men, no matter what their income, typically want too much from you emotionally or time-wise for too little money to even cover basic expenses. The fear of never knowing whether or not a person has anger issues, mental instability, or stalker tendencies before you meet them was also giving me pretty bad anxiety. I have much greater peace of mind since I’ve left. I wouldn’t recommend it, especially if you don’t have any major financial reasons to do so. If you are one of those people who wants to try it because you think it sounds fun or exciting, you will be disillusioned rather quickly. There is more drama and danger in the sugar bowl than success. There are some good sugar daddies out there, but they are like finding a needle in a haystack.”