School Children Shocked in Swimming Pool

If you do a google search for pool electrocution, you will find a large amount of storied about kids who have been shocked in swimming and I just saw a report on Good Morning America about a young life guard who was killed due to an electrified pool she was guarding.

The story discussed that this usually happens due to faulty pool lights, or electrical code violations at hotels or apartments.

If you suspect that there may be an issue, please notify authorities and call 911 immediately.

The electricity can make you or your children go limp in the pool which then leads to drowning.  If you suspect someone is being shocked, you should try to get to them without jumping in the pool.  Call 911 and try to use a rubber float or non-metal object to get them out.

What to do if Your Swimming Pool Becomes Electrified

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/cbs4-exclusive-photos-reveal-what-may-have-caused-electrified-pool/

http://aquamagazine.com/builder/faulty-pool-wiring-leads-to-electrocution.html

2017-04-12T07:59:21+00:00 April 12th, 2017|

Leave A Comment