Yes, this is actually a thing. Kids are pouring cough syrup and other alcohol in their rectums in order to get the instant buzz without the smell of alcohol on their breath.
From the Huffington Post…
“Because the primary job of the intestines is to absorb nutrients into the body, if you put alcohol directly into your colon, it will be absorbed much more rapidly than it would be if it entered your body orally,” Columbia Health’s “Alice” said to an inquiring student. “It can make you very drunk, very quickly. Because everyone’s body is different, it’s hard to judge how much or how quickly an alcohol enema would affect any one person.”
Alcohol enemas can be very dangerous or even deadly because an individual can “use too much alcohol or keep it inside for too long.” Once alcohol enters the bloodstream, it cannot get back out. In 2004, a Texas woman was accused of giving her husband a sherry enema that caused his death, Reuters previously reported.”